Increasing numbers of haulage firms using telematics
So what can I do for you?
More efficient transportation and lower cost
“The basic reason why increasing numbers of transport companies are choosing to use telematics is because they want to improve the efficiency of their operations and thus cut their costs.” These are the words of Per-Anders Grösfjeld, who is marketing manager for transport information systems at Volvo Trucks. “With telematics in the truck, the haulage firm can obtain detailed information about driver times, vehicle location, cargo content, fuel consumption and much more besides. This is information that makes it easier to use every truck in the most optimum way.”
Any help required to analyse the gathered data and putting it into understandable directions?
Better monitoring of fuel consumption
The ever-increasing fuel prices of recent years together with rising interest in the environment have significantly boosted the demand for systems such as Dynafleet.
Are high fuel prices and fuel theft an ever increasing issue also for your business?
Easier to meet legislation
New EU requirements concerning reporting of driver working times and tracking of transport assignments such as for hazardous goods is also made simpler by the use of telematics in trucks. By integrating Dynafleet with other commercial systems, all the information can easily be transferred to the haulage firm’s own administrative system. This makes it easier to process orders and handle the company’s own time reports and wages administration.
Remote tachograph download and third party API integration are a hassle for you?
More than 35,000 trucks equipped with the Volvo system
- Temperature logging: Makes it possible to monitor the load’s temperature, an important feature in order to be able to ensure the quality of refrigerated food.
- Driver coaching: Helps the driver to drive more economically.
- Connection to navigation tool: Permits automatic route planning for the driver.
- Connection possibilities in the cab: Data regarding the vehicle and driver can also be transferred to other electronic tools such as palmtops or laptops.
- Remote tachograph download: As an important contribution to save time and money with the legal requested regular download of these data it also increases efficiency and safety.
And that's where I come into the picture.
TELEBOT|be · 9040 Gent · Belgium · EU
TELEMATICS · Fleet Management Solutions · Wireless Vehicle Communication